Hey everyone, welcome to the 2nd edition of Meal Plan Monday! This week, I made curry chickpea salad for lunch. I’m going to plop it into a wrap each day. I recently decided that wraps are my favorite form of carb- they just make everything taste exponentially better. It makes your sandwich turn into a mini cloud. Any who…
Curry Chickpea Salad
What you need:
- 2 cans garbanzo beans/chickpeas
- 1.5 red peppers
- 2 heads celery
- 10 oz plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage)
- enough curry powder to cover the mixture
What you do:
- Put your chickpeas in the food processor. I made this salad before having a food processor, and mashed the chickpeas with the back of a fork. So whichever way you choose, make sure your chickpeas are mashed up!
- Cut the peppers and celery into bite size pieces.
- Mix all of the ingredients together, and enjoy!
Like I said last week, meal prep can be so incredibly quick and easy. Only three steps! This took me about 10 minutes, and now I have lunch for the whole week ready to go! Also, so great for you. Chickpeas are an excellent source of protein, fiber, iron, calcium, and vitamin K. It’s a great meat substitute for those who eat plant based and are looking to get in more filling and protein rich foods. Also, notice that the recipe calls for Greek yogurt instead of mayo, which many of these salads call for – this makes the salad even more healthful and protein-filled. Yum! So simple and delish. Don’t forget to send me an email at email@example.com with any meal prep questions/ comments/ anything!
What recipes are you trying out this week?